Your school may have optionally enabled standards alignment in your Atlas system. This means that from your Unit Planner in Develop, you have access to all sets of standards approved by your school or authorized by your region. You also have visibility within your Unit Planner to those standards you have and have not yet targeted in your courses.
This is an optional feature in Atlas. If your school is not aligning to a predetermined set(s) of standards or outcomes, you may not see this in your Atlas system.
From Develop > Unit Planner:
1. Click Choose Standards from the Standards & Benchmarks category. You may see different terminology for this category, depending on your school’s language.
- Search all standards or a specific content area in your system by keyword.
- Filter Standards to show your progress in targeting and assessing standards in your course.
- Browse Standards in your Atlas system by subject, grade or level, or by strand.
2. Check the boxes next to the benchmarks or outcomes you are targeting in your unit.
If you do not see a particular set of Standards available in your planner, contact your Leadership Team for support.
3. Click Save to complete the process. Your aligned standards will appear in the standards category of your Unit Planner.
The standards you have targeted in your unit may be directly aligned to your assessments (if applicable).
1. Add New Assessment or Edit an existing Assessment.
2. Check the box next to the standard(s) you are targeting with this assessment.
3. Optional: You may find that your Assessment also targets cross-curricular standards, such as in the case of technology integration. These standards may not be intended targets in your unit, but may be important to identify. Align to these standards in the Additional Standards tab.
4. Click Save. The targeted standards will be visible in the Assessment category on your planner.
Click View Standards Alignment Detailsin the category to view assessed standards for each unit.
I like to see....
Show me all standards that I have targeted in this and all other units in this course.
Show me all standards in the selected subject and grade that I have not yet targeted in any units in this course.
Show me all standards that I have targeted in this course, to which I have not aligned an assessment.
Show me all standards that I have taught in this course through the end of this unit.
Show me standards that I have assessed that are not identified as intended targets for this course. These standards are aligned directly to an Assessment using the Additional Standards tab.
Show me the standards that have been targeted by others teaching the same subject and grade/level course.
A Standard is an educational requirement or benchmark developed by your school, district, or state. When you select a Standard using the check boxes, you identify it as a Goal for that unit. After you create an assessment to measure students' performance on that Standard and align the assessment to the selected Goal, it becomes an Assessed Goal.
Standards alignment standards, align to standards, standards alignment, users targeted standards, targeted standards, Standards Alignment